Rebuilding Community: Navigating the New Normal
As educators, our lives have been forever changed. We have all experienced trauma in some form. Our school year ended abruptly and our students and families are struggling with the sudden interruption of life and learning as they knew it. As schools begin to make plans for reopening, it is imperative that we address the effect of this pandemic experience not only for our students, but also for the adults who work with them.
To help rebuild school communities and create a new vision of caring schools, CREATE has developed a one-day re-entry program for educators (teachers, administrators, and the many support staff working in our schools), called “Rebuilding Community: Navigating the New Normal.” This curriculum is for schools that are returning face to face and also as a virtual community.
This one-day session provides opportunities to explore adult social and emotional needs, learn and collaborate on strategies to build caring connections with our students and colleagues both at the level of the classroom and school. Join us as we share laughter, talents, experiences and plans that will help nurture our relationships for creating a success school year for all.
How Can Schools Implement “Rebuilding Community”?
CREATE is offering this in several ways.
1. Our certified trainer will work directly with your school staff in a virtual setting.
2. Our certified trainer will work on-site (your location) for a live face-to-face training.
3. You can attend the train-the trainer sessions that will support educators to lead
“Rebuilding Community” in their school or district.
4. We offer a district model - please see the district page
Who is this Train-the Trainer Workshop for?
- Assistant Principals
- School Counselors
- School Psychologists
- Union Representatives
- Lead Teachers
- SEL and MTSS Specialist
- Agency staff working closely with schools
- Social Workers
What Will the Training Include?
- Two 2-hour training sessions on the RB Curriculum and how to lead it in your school or district
- Copy of the complete RB curriculum
- Follow-up online group session after providing first RB training
- Email consultation as needed
Can It Be Done On-Line and Face-to-Face?
Yes, the training will be designed so it can be conducted online as well as face-to-face
When Will Training Sessions Be Held?
- October 1st - see below
- New dates for trainings will be posted soon
What is the Cost?
$350 per person including Training, Curriculum, and Consultation
How Do I Enroll?
October 1st, 10-12 & 1-3 EDT
Other October Dates to Be Announced Soon